Friday 2 October 2009

Lost Angel: Battersea, 30th of September, 2009

On the first of October, I awoke with a rotten stomach. I had indigestion and felt a little worse for wear. This is not to say the food at Lost Angel was bad, just that I might’ve eaten too much. In fact, I definitely ate too much. Whilst my companion neatly ate some scallops and halibut (I didn’t actually get to try these – not all my friends appreciate sharing to the same degree I do!), I wolfed down foie gras parfait, pork belly and the entire bread plate for starters.

Yes, I can be really gluttonous at times. And yes, I do have a real weakness for my favourite dishes. Sue me – I want to enjoy what I’m eating. And, of course, if you want to find out how good a place really, really is, see how the standards come out. Foie gras parfait: delightful. Pork Belly: tough on the outside, but superb meat in the middle. Chocolate Brownie: could’ve been thicker and more spongy, but no complaints.

Lost Angel isn’t a bad place. It’s a bit like a pub and a bit like a restaurant. It’s ever-so-hip in terms of it’s breeding, being run by the same group that owns Lost Society over in Clapham. The food is good but the service is slow and inattentive. We were also treated to random blasts of noise coming from the pub area which sounded as if they were from a television set. Generally speaking, it’s a decent place to go for food. It might be even better as a bar on a busy Friday night, but it is somewhat out of the way. However, if you’re in Clapham Junction or Battersea Park and you want a decent meal, don’t hesitate.

Lost Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment